Followers

Monday, August 13, 2012

Ladies Night In

So Saturday night I took Olga out for a quick run to grab our dinner and a movie.  But first, since she had asked about Lake in the Hills, we made a stop at the top of the hill looking down at the lake.  I told her about how the chair at the bottom was where I spent a lot of time when I was a teen as this spot is one of two public beaches on the lake where I lifeguarded.  And see all those stairs going down? There are 64 of them.  I used to run up and down them for exercise when no one was swimming.  15 years later, I get tired just looking at them!  Olga agreed I should try to get back into shape.

No, Olga.  I'm too tired for a swim now.  But I do miss it.  Watching all the Olympics makes me want to get back into a pool or the lake.  But right now I'm very hungry!  So off we went to nearby Pan.da Ex.press.
OK, OK Olga.  Hope you like Orange Chicken because we're going to share. 
And then a stop at a Red Box.
I almost never see movies anymore so we had tons of choices. 
 We settled on "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" and "The Vow".  
So back to the house for our night in.
I admit, I ate most all of the orange chicken and steamed veggies.  She was all about the fried rice and Rangoon I got.  But she was good about reminding me to take my Metformin with dinner.  So I popped in "Extremely Loud" and OMG I have never cried so much while watching a movie in my life!  It was very good, but trust me - if you are going to watch it, get a new box of tissues.
 
I sat on the couch and she was on the ottoman.  I think between the two of us we went through 15 tissues.  And we still have "The Vow" to get through! So we agreed we'd go watch that in bed in case one of us fell asleep.  Halfway through the movie we heard a loud bang below the bedroom in the garage and got scared!  I lived alone for 8 years before living with DH but after these last four years I found it a bit silly that I got freaked out being alone.  I gathered my courage and went to investigate and make sure all the doors were locked.  Wimpy Olga just hid in a basket of unfolded laundry!
 Finally we finished the movie and went to sleep.  Learned the next morning that for the first time ever, our garage got egged.  Really? Why of all nights did kids pick the one night my husband is not here? Oh well, Olga and I made it through the scare, because we are strong women!  She even agreed to guard the house while I went to work on Sunday.  



No comments:

Post a Comment