Followers

Monday, September 17, 2012

Olga in Jersey with angel3082

(no, it's not like the Jersey Shore)

I'm sorry it took me so long to update on Olga's visit with me. She kept me pretty busy while she was here, and then I started back to work for the new school year!

Olga arrived smelling delightful and all sugared up from the awesome treats chrissyandpaul packed her up with. Thanks for the 'healthy' granola bars ;)


 I think she was a bit stir crazy from the journey, because she was all over the house as soon as I let her loose. She met our cats, Dizzy and Buster, who were very attracted to her pretty tube. Then, she came across our dog Emmy, who was in the midst of grooming her nether-parts.






I was pretty tired that day, and wanted some sleep, but Olga wanted to know where I kept my med stash. So, I took her to the linen closet and let her poke around for a bit. She was very interested in the needles and asked what cycle day I was. I explained that I was CD2 and waiting for my baseline before starting my next IVF cycle. You would think she'd be an expert on the whole menstrual cycle thing, but she kept insisting I let her help with my PIO injections. Brat!


I finally got some sleep that night and had big plans for Olga on Sunday. We got up early and she really wanted some of my coffee, but I wasn't sure what kind of effect it would have on her.


We spent the morning relaxing with my hubby before he had to go in to work for the closing shift. When he left we headed out for a girls day at a local vineyard that has Sangria Sundays! I tucked her in my purse for easy transport, but she was not pleased...


and ended up trying to help me drive. It seems Miss Olga has some pretty intense road rage.


I will say, she got us there quicker than it usually takes me ;) My mom and friends weren't there yet, so I took Olga on a tour of the vines. She got all up in the netting to check out the grapes, but seemed nervous when she realized that she was a similar shape and color.


On our way back to the patio, we came across a huge circle of mushrooms. I told Olga that when mushrooms grow like that, people call it a 'fairy circle'. She took that very literally and went searching for any little creatures living among the fungi.


I reeled her back in with promises of delicious wine, and a nice spread of cheeses and other snacks to pair with it. She ended up hanging with my mom because she was sharing the 'good stuff' (straight up wine), and not the 'froo froo' sangria I was drinking.


On the way home we took a detour, to a little beach on the Delaware Bay, in hopes of watching the sunset. I'm a nature lover and pointed out some of the coastal birds living in the wetlands, but Olga was a bit tipsy and was too worried about slipping down into the marsh grasses.


She really wanted to go for a swim, but I had to put my foot down since I wasn't sure she'd be able to use her tube as an effective rudder. So, instead she got to snuggle into the sand for a bit while I hoped the clouds would break...


They didn't, so we packed it up and went home. (much slower, since she fell asleep & wasn't trying to drive)

The next day was Labor Day, and my last day of summer break before heading back to work. So, I spent the day doing laundry and then remembered I wanted to dye my hair. Of course, Olga wanted to be included in this and got all prepped, but had second thoughts since the glove didn't really fit on her tube.


She ended up being quite the color expert and helped me find any spots I missed.
After the color was rinsed, I wanted to just veg out for the evening. Since my hubs was working, I decided I'd play my online computer game (which shall remain nameless) & Olga proceeded to endlessly mock me.


Olga came to work with me the next day, and was overwhelmed with all of the unpacking and organizing I had to do in my office and all of the new supplies and games I had ordered. (I'm a speech therapist in a public school) By the end of the day, she was ready for some peace and quiet!


While she wasn't much help (and I caught her running with that huge pair of scissors), I'm glad she was there because I got a call from my RE, cancelling my cycle because of a mistake the receptionist made. I was pretty bummed, but I was so glad I had a little piece of my 3T girls with me :)

Olga should already be with Durham1008 & I can't wait to hear what they got into down in South Carolina!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry about your canceled cycle - but glad Olga could be there for you. And I'm with the road rage ermahgerd!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you a druid? I am a shaman on(server)Medivh! Geeks unite!

    -Foxlover

    ReplyDelete